COVID-19 PROCESSES FOR BUYER CLIENTS
As we work through the Covid-19 pandemic and the challenges that it has brought, I am happy to report that homes are still being bought and sold in San Diego.
The way in which we go about it is slightly different, but rest assured that if you are looking to buy a home in America’s Finest City, then we will be able to make it happen for you.
Please read through the following requirements so that you have an understanding of the home buying process. All information is up to date.
- We are happy to meet with you in person (respecting social distancing and face covering protocols) for our initial home buyer meeting, however we can also talk on the phone or via Zoom video conference, if that is more comfortable for you.
- Buyer’s are allowed to visit properties in-person (as long as the Seller has authorized this option), however the showing must be by appointment.
- Be prepared to view all photos, videos, virtual tours and marketing materials before requesting an in-person visit of a property.
- It is possible that a property you are interested in is only being shown via a virtual open house or tour instead.
- Buyer’s will be required to sign a “Coronavirus Property Entry Declaration” (PEAD) prior to an in-person showing appointment.
- No more than two other individuals are to be in a home at the same time during a showing. If other persons are necessary for a showing, they must wait outside or in their vehicles to observe social distance guidelines.
- For everyone’s safety, Buyer’s are not to touch anything in the home during an in-person showing.
- In addition to wearing a facial covering and sanitizing your hands before entering a home (both are mandatory), be prepared for the possibility of having to wear gloves and/or booties (depending on the Seller’s requirements).
- Buyer’s who do not want to enter a home that they are interested in can request a virtual showing.
- Particularly in today’s climate, it is important that a Buyer has a written pre-approval letter from a lender. The reality is that most Sellers during Covid-19 only want to have serious Buyers in their homes. Many Sellers and listing agents have made this a requirement.
As always, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Frank Grannis. It is our pleasure to be able to serve you.
We offer the highest level of expertise, service, and integrity
Call Text Email